Thursday 9 April 2009

Ben Nevis 28th March

Andy, Ali, Nathan and me drove to Fort William on Friday night. Steve had also joined us, driving up from Edinburgh.

Upon emptying the car I realised that I had left my boots at home...F%&"@*

So our planned early start was scuppered by me. Andy had to play his trump card, and managed to pull me out of the shite with some hire boots from one of the outdoor shops.

So, our 05:30 start turned into a 08:45 start!

Nathan, Steve and I headed up to a very hoar frosted Coire Na Ciste for an attempt at Darth Vader VII,8. I started the first hard pitch but with frozen digits, and hard to place gear due to everything being covered in a veneer of ice, we retreated.

To save the day we soloed the first few pitches of Two Step Corner V,5 with Steve leading the main ice pitch.

Andy and Ali had a good time on Green Gully IV,3 which was very busy early on.

Got to be one of the nicest days I've had on the Ben.
















No comments:

About Me

My photo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Locations of visitors to this page